You should have received an email from us recently about an hour scheduled maintenance window planned for this coming Saturday, September 12. This update will bring a lot of long requested changes to the app and we couldn’t be more excited. As a reminder, here’s the time frame for the maintenance window:
Scheduled Maintenance Window
Saturday, September 12, 2015 for 1 Hour
7pm PST / 8pm MST / 9pm CST / 10pm EST
For our friends in the UK and Australia region that’s
Sunday, September 13, 2015 3am and 12pm respectively.
During the update, you will not be able to access the main app. You will, however, have full read-only access to your account through standby.tave.com.
This update encompasses quite a bit involving Quotes and Orders. Here’s a run down of what is changing:
- Quotes and Proposals as they exist now are becoming what we call Standard and Advanced Quotes. We no long use the terminology ‘Proposal’ but the exact same functionality is there as an ‘Advanced Quote.
- Standard Quotes simplify the booking process quite a bit by allowing you to add products or packages to a quote, set ONE payment schedule, ONE questionnaire, and/or ONE contract as part of the booking process. You can read more about building a Standard Quote here on the new support site.
- Advanced Quotes encompass the exact same structure as current ‘Proposals’ do. They allow you to add several quote groups for your clients to choose from and add one or more payment schedule, questionnaire, or contract to be included during booking. You can read more about building an Advanced Quote here on the new support site.
- Both Standard Quotes and Advanced Quotes can be built in Settings to be reused as much as you’d like on a job.
- Because of the above changes, we have bulk updated your quick response templates, custom field tokens, automations, workflows, and lead statuses to replace the word ‘Proposal’ with ‘Quote’.
- If you start creating a Standard Quote and you realize you need it to be an Advanced Quote, you can easily convert between them with the convert button.
If you have saved quote and proposal templates, we have moved those to the new quote editors in settings and you’ll find that you can now edit them at will.
- Quotes & Orders now exist on the same tab on a lead or job. In general, you’ll send a quote to a client whom you want to go through the booking process and you’ll create an order for a client whom you want to book the products or services directly.
- If you create an order that’s booked directly, you can still send the client a questionnaire and contract (new with this update).
Products and packages will have a new option associated with them. When building a quote in Settings as a template or directly on a job, you can make a package or product required, suggested or optional.
- Required – These items are required in order to book the quote.
- Suggested – These items are not required but they are included in the quote by default. The client can remove them when booking.
- Optional – These items are presented in a separate list below the quote. The client can change the quantity of the items, then add them to the quote.
Táve Studio Manager is highly customizable and extremely powerful but sometimes that means that learning the system can be challenging.
Many of the features which make Táve so powerful are also interconnected. This means it’s not always clear in which order you should set up your account. We’ve heard the feedback about not knowing where to start and we listened.
We are proud and excited to present a completely revamped support site to make set up more straight forward, teach you the general flow of jobs in Táve, and help you dive into the more powerful features of app.
The model for the new support site is based on linear learning. A getting started page (including a printable check list) lays the foundation of setting up an account. With this foundation laid, you’ll be ready to go when starting to work with actual clients.
The getting started page then moves you to learning about Leads (the stage in which all jobs start in Táve). Once you’ve mastered turning leads into booked Jobs, you’ll learn about all of the powerful things you can do with Táve including Workflows, Automations, and Administration.
While the new support site covers a good majority of the system, don’t hesitate to let us know if you feel like there’s an article or explanation missing. We’ll be continuously refining and adding content to better serve you.
As always, we are available for support sessions or quick questions simply by messaging us through the help menu from inside the app.
VP of Product
We’re excited to announce that Nicole Klym has officially joined the team full time!
You all probably know her well from her speedy and cheerful responses to FB and in-app support messages. What you probably don’t know is that Nicole only signed up for Táve a little over a year ago.
It was clear quickly that she was a fast learner and very dedicated to providing help to other users. Not too long after joining Táve, she was asked to join the support team. And she has rocked it!
Her experience using Táve in her own business, Nicole Klym Photography, gives her the upper hand in working with users to fully take advantage of the app and use creative methods to solve problems.
Give her a warm welcome! We’re thrilled to have her on board as a fantastic asset to #TeamTáve.
We’re excited to announce an awesome improvement to tracking leads in Táve. Lead statuses make keeping track of where in the sales process you are with leads a piece of cake.
You can set your own custom statuses to work perfectly for your lead tracking workflow. Not only can you have custom statuses, but the lists themselves are extremely powerful. You can set your leads to change status automatically after a given amount of time. A few highlights:
- Default lead statuses to get you started
- Ability to add custom lead statuses and edit any existing ones
- All new lead status lists in main menu Leads section
- Powerful Automatic Lead Status changes
- Built in automations for Stale leads
Check out this short video to learn more about the new features:
We just pushed out another slew of updates to the app.
For the full list of what’s included in this release check out the release notes here. If there is anything you would like explanation of, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
– Payment Gateways now are now known as Client Payment Methods and not only can you have any number of them, they can be brand specific. You can also specify a payment receipt quick response for each gateway. For more information about setting up a payment gateway, read our knowledge base article here.
– You now have the ability to do an export of your job lists. Just navigate to any of your lists in the side menu bar (All Leads, Open Jobs, Closed Jobs, etc) and you’ll find an export button at the top. This will create a CSV file with lots of great information in it! If you’re super nerdy like me, you can use these exports to create your own custom reports.
– Our referral program now credits you the entire bonus after the studio you refer makes their first payment. We also now reward the users you refer with a 60 day free trial (double our usual 30 day trial).